Monday, March 19, 2012

Four Eyez: Colored contact lens e-store review

As you already know I am quite a fan of not only circle lenses, but regular colored lenses as well as the theatrical type crazy lenses. Recently I have been searching for a few new places to order colored lenses from when I came across FourEyez.com.


I was immediately impressed with their selection of lenses I have never seen before. Let me tell you.. I have been buying contacts for years and most shops carry exactly the same things. Not this one. I absolutely love their Terminator inspired line of lenses, as well as the very cool selection of mesh pupil lenses. Even better than the selection is the fact that each and every single pair of lenses has a short video to showcase what the lens looks like in a real eye. I find this very helpful in picking out lenses that will work with my eye color, and gives me a really good idea of how the lens will look on me.


What's even better than their selection and videos? The prices. Four Eyez is out of the UK so lenses usually run  anywhere between €12-19 or about $15-$30 for us Americans ;) Each pair comes with a free mystery pair of  daily lenses. I thought this was way too good to be true.. but it is! I ended up getting crazy shamrock lenses with my order and I was almost as excited about those as I was the pair I actually paid for. Did I mention shipping is also free? Not only is it free, but they are FAST. I received my order in exactly 6 days from the time I paid. 

I ended up ordering THIS style called "Fusion Violet-Grey'. A lot of times companies will alter their photos to make colors pop thus you end up getting lenses that are disappointing in real life. Not this store. These lenses actually are a lot cooler than this photo or video would lead you to believe. They are probably one of the favorite designs I've ordered from anywhere. The violet inner ring is very intense yet these lenses are still subtle enough to wear just about anywhere. They are very moist, and fit comfortably during wear.

Fusion violet-grey 


The daily lenses I received were also super cool although unfortunately they do not fit me comfortably AT ALL. Some crazy lenses just do not work for me for some reason so I do not feel this is a factory defect or other flaw in the lens themselves. I did wear them shortly, however, and was impressed with their opacity and overall design. I am so sad these don't work for me but I totally can't complain over the amazing free style they sent me! Like I said.. some of these just don't work on me but you can get your Lucky clover lenses HERE


the full st. pat's look lol

In total I spent $21 for 2 pairs of lenses that shipped internationally in less than a week. You better believe that I highly recommend this shop, and will be a repeat customer. I will be reviewing more lenses from this shop in the future so if you have any special requests for ones you'd like to see reviewed please link me in the comments :D

You can find the violet-grey and much more available at Four Eyez 

9 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the st. Patty's day colored contact lens. I don't wear contacts but I want something fun and theatrical to wear sometimes. The violet-grey ones look nice, can you tell they are purple from a distance? How do they affect your vision? Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered a pair of four eyes and I live in the U.S and Ive waited 10 days and my contacts arent here yet. maybe you got yours because you maybe live in the U.K. Do you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered a pair of contact lenses from foureyez and it was a big mistake. The contact got stuck in my eye and I had to go to the hospital to get it taken out. After the doctor removed the lense you could tell that it had dried quite a bit after being in my eye, and was more of a hard plastic material. a couple of minutes later the contact lense itself crumbled apart. The doctor said if I had come in later the contact would have shattered and my eye, and I could have very well had hard plastic stuck in my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four eyez contacts are the cheepest poorly made contacts I've ever purchased

    ReplyDelete
  5. Four eyez contacts are the cheepest poorly made contacts I've ever purchased

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried that one too, but I switched to http://www.eo-executiveoptical.com/ because they are more comfortable to wear and looks more natural.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh these lenses have such a unique design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. how are these contacts safety wise? any irritation in the eyes? no "eye melting" properties? are these contacts medically safe to use on your eyes for long periods of time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information. the lasik vision institute groupon

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.