Monday, September 5, 2011

Playing catch-up & new stuff

So.... I have been slacking on my blog again. That tends to happen from time to time. I am back though, and with several updates!

As you may or may not already know I have started a Youtube channel to compliment this blog. I will be trying to put out a different video at least once a week. I already have several up right now, so please check them out and give me some feedback. I put a lot of work into them- although you'd never know it from how amateurish my videos are lol. I am terribly awkward on camera so don't expect me to be talking much :P



(And then there is *this*. I (obviously) didn't make this video, but it is noteworthy to say the very least LOL. Thanks Celeste & the fabulously hairy Dancing Dror! )


I plan to focus a lot on Halloween makeup through the end of October, but I definitely will be doing some makeup looks for fall soon as well. I am fairly new to making videos so bear with me while I learn and (hopefully) improve on my skills. If you have special requests for ANY sort of tutorial please let me know in the comments! I will also be doing more natural skin treatments/masks just because I think they are fun :)

I do want to briefly touch upon the other 2 non-makeup related videos on my YT account for those who were wondering. I made these videos (along with 2 other ones that are no longer public) awhile ago because I wanted to address an extremely sad large scale animal hoarding situation. I have received some backlash for these videos however I feel they serve a greater good so they will remain on my channel for the time being. I had considered just making a whole new channel for the glitter blog but I didn't want to have to resubscribe to everyone's beauty channels. I made these videos because I have done cat rescue for several years and just think it is important to give a voice to those who have none. I probably won't be putting many more videos like this up though so it's not really anything you guys need to worry about too much. If you are interested in Caboodle Ranch, why it's a bad place, and animal hoarding please check out these links: Caboodle Ranch: save the kitties, ASPCA Facts about Hoarding


Other than YT and Halloween excitement, I am also now a promoter for a wonderful indie boutique- Abigail's Boutique Designs. ABD offers a wide variety of amazing mineral pigment shades ranging from subtle and sparkling to the bright and bold. They are all unique hand mixed pigments made with high quality ingredients. I'll be putting up a review later with some swatches, so I'll save the rest of  my praise for that post :P Here is a sneak peek at some of the beautiful colors for you though.
which one is your favorite???
Abigail's Boutique Designs also offers many other things such as bath & body products, cute clippies and bows, soy candles, and many other things for you OR your little princess. How cool is that? Check out Robyn's facebook fan page & Blog for more information, news, and contests/giveaways.



That's my news for now! Stay tuned for some reviews comin' up here soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.