Monday, September 5, 2011

Abigail's Boutique Designs review & swatches

As you may have read in my last post, I am now a promoter for Abigail's Boutique Designs. What that means to you is that I will be featuring these wonderful pigments from time to time and keeping you up to date on her specials, sales, new collections, and an occasional fun contest or two!

Obviously I wouldn't promote something I didn't actually like and use myself.

I actually spent the summer trying out a lot of different indie makeup brands. I like these small shops because I feel their owners put a lot of themselves into their products, and thus you end up with makeup that is completely unique. As with any makeup companies some are better than others. I've had the pleasure of purchasing things from several lovely people whose customer service just blew me away, and also from others I felt were just okay. Buying handmade products is a process of trial and error really, so it helps to try out a lot of things and figure out who the shops who best suit your needs are. Abigail's Boutique Designs is definitely one of those shops that meet my needs.

Here are just some of the positive attributes that helped me to come up with that decision:

  • Unique shade range
  • Good quality- compares to high-end makeup brands
  • Highly pigmented 
  • Easy to blend
  • Many complimentary shades and collections
  • Friendly, easy to work with customer service 
  • Fast shipping/Good packaging
  • Website is easy to use & navigate 
  • Good prices

L-R: Big Bird, Aurora, Unicorns & Glitter, Hidden Truth, Blaze in sample clamshells
Look how shimmery it is!
   
Bird Bird is such a fun shade
I know this picture is blurry and crappy, but I wanted to show how sparkly Hidden Truth and Blaze are

Wouldn't these 3 together make a great Halloween look?

 There isn't a color i've tried that I don't like really lol. Hidden Truth is so hard to photograph because it's this weird charcoal grey with a gold-green shift and lots of microglitter. It is a MUST HAVE. I really like it wet, or over a black base to show off it's sheen and glittery goodness. Another favorite is Blaze because of it's versatility. It looks amazing dry for bright, but wearable fiery orange. It looks even better wet, over black or white base. Like all mineral pigments, all of these colors can be worn several different ways to make many different types of makeup looks. There quality and pigmentation rivals that of most of the high-end store brands I have used. Their silky formula makes blending super easy and they do not ever apply "patchy" for me. They also are really long lasting with eye primer (they last pretty long when you forget the primer too...oopes lol).

All colors have been swatched over white eyeshadow base. That stunning blue you see is the shade Mabeline. The last two swatches are hidden truth over nyx black bean and unicorns and glitter over nyx pacific.

Natural light

with a flash


These colors do not need to be worn with a white base to be very vibrant, but I found this to be the easiest way to photograph them. Many shades are very pigmented simply used dry over eye primer. A white base will make your eyeshadow shades pop, and last longer though. My camera is not great so these pictures really don't do these colors any justice, but they are true to shade.




Hidden truth & Unicorns & Glitter over a white base.







Aurora, Blaze, and fusebox Coral Burst over eye primer.


I definitely love these colors shown, as well as all the other colors I have that are not shown. You'll be seeing a lot of looks using these colors and many more in the near future. If you have a request for a certain collection or color you would like me to review please let me know in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.