Saturday, July 30, 2011

Glamoured: Tarte for True Blood eye pallet review

Let me just start this post by saying that when Tarte made the announcement that they were doing an eye pallet inspired by the HBO series True Blood I was totally ecstatic. I have been a big fan of the series since it debuted (as well as the books), and I am in love with Tarte cosmetics. I am also excited about the Lip Surgence lip stain and natural cheek stain as well, but the eye pallet was a MUST HAVE for me.  This huge kit comes with 17 full-sized eyeshadows in a wide range of shades as well as a full sized emphasEYES aqua-gel eyeliner,a mini Lifted natural eye primer, and a mini lights, camera, lashes! mascara. At $52 you totally get your money's worth here.

This pallet truly contains all the fabulous eye makeup you'll need to look fantastic for your waitressing gig at Merlotte's or for a sexy night on the town at Fangtasia.



The pallet itself is beautifully vampy



As a little added bonus it came with a great eye chart to help you create some easy to achieve eye makeup looks. I also love the full-sized mirror.

Now it wasn't a real shocker to me that this was going to be good makeup. I am well aware of Tarte's amazing quality. I was however pleasantly surprised that I really even like the shades that I wasn't so excited about initially. All the shades are so soft and blend-able. The glittery shades aren't gritty at all. I think the only cons I really have is that there are 3 different black shades, and the colors "The Light" & "Dawn" aren't very pigmented. In all fairness though the blacks work differently when you use them. My favorite of the 3 is the black filled with navy blue microglitter called "Nocturnal". It's so subtle, and gorgeous.

Some of my favorite shades against a pearl white eye base

I had previously never tried the emphasEYE aqua liner and was just blown away at how it works. It's almost like a pencil that turns to liquid when it touches your skin. It glides on incredibly smoothly with a cooling sensation, and seriously lasts ALL day. I don't recommend it on your waterline though because of it's liquid-y quality. I also really like the mascara the set came with. It boasts 430% larger lashes- and it really delivers! I'm still on the fence about the eye primer though. On one hand it makes this eyeshadow last incredibly long. On the other hand...it's kinda sticky and doesn't spread so evenly. Maybe I am just too partial to LORAC's studio eye primer but I don't think i'll be buying the full size of this one.

Now onto the good stuff. The looks you can create with this eye pallet are essentially limitless. You do not have to be a makeup pro to get great results either because Tarte is so easy to work with. I re-created 2 of the looks in the eye charts provided in under 10 minutes each.



The Luminous Fairy





I thought this was a cute, wearable day look. Unfortunately it didn't photograph real well. I do like the shade 'Dawn' but you really have to build color.


Vamp Glam



This is a fun look for going out at night. I found it easy to replicate, and LOVE all the shades together.


Lastly I played around with a couple of looks inspired by my favorite fashionable vampire, Pam. 


A wearable day look using werewolf, charmer, telepath, and waitress






A night look using a matte black pencil as an eye base, stake, legend, the true death, and nocturnal

I know, I know my eyebrows look atrocious. But look at the sparkleyness!
Now stare deeply into my eye...you want to buy this eye shadow pallet...you love this eye shadow pallet..you will head to your Sephora/ right away.........Oh wait that only works for vampires ;)


This is really one of my favorite makeup purchases of the year. But hey...Tarte never disappoints!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.