Saturday, July 9, 2011

Get glowing: Summer skin courtesy of Hard Candy

Sorry for the lack of bloggage the past two weeks. I haven't really had anything new to review that I was super excited to talk about. That and the fact that I can only log-in to Blogger about 1/2 of the time. I've also been having some skin issues. I have terrible combination skin so finding a good summer makeup routine can be tricky for me.

I have recently found a few products by Hard Candy that have helped me achieve glowing, moist-looking skin. I have loved Hard Candy for almost as long as I've been obsessed with makeup. I remember drooling over their advertisements in Seventeen magazine when I was around 11-12....you know..back when girls had to read magazines for beauty advice because blogs & youtube didn't yet exist. Lol.

Anywaysss....


I cannot say enough good things about Sheer Envy primer. It's lightweight, goes on silky smooth, a little bit of it goes a long way, doesn't clog my pores and it's affordable for a big tube. This has totally replaced the other more expensive face primer I was using. My foundation sticks to it really well, and it helps me achieve a nice even skintone even when my skin is not looking so hot.


Glow all the way face and body luminizer is by far one of my favorite products by HC. Lately I have been mixing them with my foundation, and I love the result. In fact, this is how I prefer to use this product. Right now I am using the "Glamazon Bronze" shade because it not only gives my skin a nice non-greasy glow but because it also gives me a subtle sun-kissed look. These also look okay applied on the face, and body where ever you want to add a little highlight. I really like this product because it's light and not overly shimmery. It truly does just give you a great glow. I just picked up the pink "Dollface" shade last night so I haven't had a lot of time to play with it but I am liking it so far.

Okay so... these Mini Must-Haves kits are just are great deal. Period. For $8 you get mini sizes of the sheer envy primer, a lip gloss, a So Baked bronzer/ Blush Crush baked blush and the glow all the way illuminator. The Glamazon Glow kit bronzer comes in the shade "Tropics" which is great if you aren't super tan (like me!). I think the sizes of the bronzer/blush are pretty generous too. The First Flush kit comes with the blush in the color 'Living Doll', which I have used & loved in the past. Both are nice and shimmery. The lip glosses are a nice added bonus as well. I like Hard Candy's plumping serum gloss, but their Plexi-gloss is just a little more sticky than I'd prefer. These kits are great if you want to try these products before getting the full sizes.


 So that's what I'm loving this week. What is your all-time favorite Hard Candy product?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.