Thursday, November 3, 2011

RagDoll's Bath & Beauty Thanksgiving Dinner Collection review

Rag Doll's Bath & Beauty Thanksgiving Dinner collection sample set



Before I start my review I'd just like to mention that I've been having some major issues saving and/or publishing my blog posts lately. I don't what it is about Blogger, but this website just does not like me. Hopefully you'll see a few more posts popping up today and tomorrow. And if I post a ridiculous amount of blogs at once..don't be mad please lol.

Anyways on to the review....

I received this lovely set last month while all the crazy foster cat stuff was going on so it took me a few weeks to dig into these babies and really use them enough to form an opinion. My initial impression was that the theme and labels were really fun. As I'm sure you have already figured out yourself this collection is based on popular dishes served during Thanksgiving. All of the labels show a little picture of each food the color is based on. It's such a unique and cute idea and I thought it was all executed really well.



sparkle-tastic!


The collection consists of six gorgeous colors that feel very soft and are incredibly blend-able. I found all of them to be very pigmented except for the pale off-white highlight shade called "Mashed Potatoes". They definitely have a lot of staying power when used over primer and/or base. Even simply applied dry the majority of shades are very vibrant.

So what's on the menu you ask?

Pumpkin Pie- A bright pumpkin orange filled with shimmer and golden-orange glitter. This is surprisingly wearble for how bright the color is. It blends very well with the 2 brown shades in the collection.

Mashed Potatoes- An off-white shade that is almost a very pale taupe. Subtle shimmer when dry over
primer, and more shimmery when worn wet. I'm not a big fan of this shade over white base though.

Green Bean Casserole- A beautiful shimmer packed gold toned green. This color is AMAZING. You need to see it in person.

Cranberries- A cranberry red filled with silvery glitter. When worn dry this color is a lighter shade of red, but when worn wet it's a lot deeper, and even more sparkly.

Turkey- An almost metallic light brown with subtle shimmer. I love this color mixed with Mashed Potatoes because I think it brings out both of their shine and shimmer.

Gravy- A Dark brown filled with bronze-ish glitter. I really liked how this shade is so complementary to all the other shades.

Top row used over NYX white eyeshadow base and the bottom row is all dry, no primer except the second swatch of Cranberries-which is seen wet.
Turkey, Gravy and Mashed Potatoes



Pumpkin, Cranberries, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes
Cranberies used wet and Mashed Potatoes used wet

This photo is a little misleading. Cranberries is very red, not too pink.


Overall I'd have to say that I really like this collection. I think it has a good mix of shades that are fairly versatile, and can be worn in a variety of ways to create subtle or dramatic looks.  I would definitely buy a full size of this collection. Even if you're a little timid about wearing red or orange I think it's still worth trying out because the brighter shades really are still very wearable for anyone.

Other stuff of note? I thought Rag Doll's Bath & Beauty had really fast shipping. Everything is packaged really well, ingredient lists are readily available, generous sample sizes, active facebook fan page, and just general good overall customer service. I think my only complaint is that her shop is on Artfire BUT when asked she kindly paypal invoiced me because I was uncomfortable using AF sooo... more brownie points for good customer service there.

My tutorial using this collection can be seen here:



But wait there's more!

I never reviewed the Nightmare Before Christmas collection. Now I'm not going to make you sit through the longest blog post ever so I'll keep it short and sweet. I did not expect color that matte and highly pigmented to blend that well at all. I was really surprised with how well they actually did blend. I was really pleased with the set overall. The glitter was freaking awesome!

glitter!!

The set came packaged in a little black mesh bag with a tiny skull bead, and was wrapped in candy corn paper. Fun!



It's not too late to get these colors! They are currently on sale :)








You can purchase all the colors in this post HERE or HERE 


Hope you all had a great Fall-o-ween :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.